Welcome to Small Town Music Lessons! :) My name is Kristin Phillips. It is a privilege to meet every family, and I hope you'll give me the opportunity to be your piano, voice, or music theory teacher in the months and years ahead. Feel free to contact me with any questions, and let me know if you'd like to set up a free interview to see the studio & discuss the future of music lessons for your family.
On this page, you'll find some basic information and resources to get you started in lessons at the studio Each student uses a wide range of materials and resources to enjoy a thorough, interactive, and motivating lesson/practice experience. All students signup for weekly private music lessons, mainly in piano & music theory. Voice is also available to students established in the studio who are capable of accompanying themselves with their vocal repertoire & warmup exercises. Students use the calendar through their secure account for reschedules & signups for special events. They will also find helpful documents, a lending library of available music books, updated posts for studio eyes only, practice logs for tracking progress, billing information and invoices, a list of all future lessons, openings in the schedule for makeup lessons, studio policies & updates, music coloring pages, and much more. Your account (following confirmation of your registration & an arranged consultation time) can be accessed at... http://www.smalltownmusiclessons.com/Login-to-My-Account
One of my goals is to build a community of friendship & interaction between studio families. Whether we're enjoying a music recital performance or weekly progress through lessons, I hope you'll make Small Town Music Lessons a place to enjoy learning and to experience steady progress surrounded by a tremendous group of amazing families and fellow musicians. On Facebook, I host a private group designed for sharing photos, stories, announcements, incentives, and much more. Joining requires approval, but feel free to request access now - and after we have met & established a lesson schedule, I'll make sure to get you started there too... https://www.facebook.com/groups/smalltownmusiclessons/
As a 21st century music studio, I work hard to create an interactive, technologically supported environment. I was trained classically in piano & voice, and believe the dedication & diligence required should be encouraged as the rigid approach is enhanced to suit the individual student. Students have the opportunity to compose songs/pieces and notate their creations by hand using manuscript notation paper or an iPad (I highly recommend all studio families invest in one, for the many fantastic music resources & educational apps). See your music come alive on the page as you play! If your family uses smartphones or tablets of any kind at home, please let me know. I have lists of apps specifically designed to interest & teach students of every level, the skills they need in order to accelerate the learning process using all the senses. One of the amazing apps available for the iPad is called "Piano Maestro", created by JoyTunes. During your time as a student of Small Town Music Lessons, you'll have unlimited access to this app. You'll need to see the app to believe it - truly spectacular! :) More information can be found at... https://www.joytunes.com/
I hope to someday hire an excited, dedicated full staff who feel as I do, to grow this studio and give the best music education we possibly can to as many students as possible. My main passion is in the teaching studio... engaging my students in their craft, encouraging musical exploration, and guiding their technical abilities as they discover how wonderful it is to play and sing the music they love. I hope we can meet soon. Testimonials Available = https://smalltownmusiclessons.wordpress.com/testimonial/
Over the years, I have developed a studio blog (though it hasn't been a priority recently). I would love to share it with you! Let me know what you think, let me know if you'd like to write a guest article, and let me know if you have ideas as I work to add more to it going forward. Thank you! https://musicstudioblog.com/studio-blog/
I often receive the following questions from families searching for a music teacher...
- Do you have any openings in the schedule? - usually, but there is a waiting list for most times.
- How much are lessons? - please see the current handbook (attached to this page, or contact Kristin for more information)
- Do I have to have a piano or is a keyboard okay? - yes... pianos are best, as long as everything works well and it is kept in tune - keyboards are adequate if they have all 88 keys, and you have a bench at the proper height & a music stand to hold your music open.
Consultation/Interview (FREE = no commitment required) for lessons at the Main Location...
- Please fill out - Request a Free "Meet & Greet"
- I'll contact you and we will set up a mutually perfect time for a sample, short piano lesson to assess the student's readiness & answer questions.
- After a successful interview, an official weekly lesson time will be added to the calendar and you will receive an access code via email for your secure account - registration & the first month's fees will be due at least 3 days before your first lesson (which will be scheduled at least one week out from the interview, to allow me to gather all necessary materials and setup your account). You'll risk your studio spot if any of this process is delayed.